Dream Network #7 – JANUARY 16, 2019
Our groups have been averaging 6 or 7 which turns out to be our sweet spot. We were 8 this drop-in #7.
Fun fact – 3 of us were born in Canada – Ottawa, Toronto, Moose Jaw and the rest were from Sri Lanka, S. Korea, Moldova, Iran, Pakistan!
- Not only is the AGO free after 6 on Wednesdays but also AGO is free for students AGO Free After Three for youth ages 14 to 25.
- One of our members got his first full time professional job in Canada at OMD!
- We toured Singapore, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka over the holidays via slide show of spectacular photos taken with a new Google Pixel 3 XL of family, tea plantations, food, and the Lexis Hibiscus in Port Dickson, Malaysia.
- New friends, a Chem rockstar from SDZ Ryerson and an Iranian Azeri now living with his roommate from my hometown Moose Jaw and working as an engineer in Vaughan. We heard a fascinating tale of true grit chasing a dream of becoming a helicopter pilot.
- Another member took time out from working on her Master’s in Public Health and her practicum at Baycrest Centre . Lots of talk on how to take care of dogs, big (Ridgeback) and small (Maltese) and the most unusual and remarkable thing that dogs can learn how to do.
Introducing the new $245 m Calgary Public Library, East Village near Downtown Calgary Dec 2018
- Drone pilots might be the trending skill in demand.
- It’s been almost a year since two of our members attended my networking workshop: “Hacking the Networking Code” at U of T SCS. Renamed “Fearless Networking – Connecting Creatively & Confidently”, our next workshop is now a new half-day format on Feb 23rd from 9am to 12:30pm.
- Two more upcoming networking events which I’ll be facilitating:
- Wed Jan 30 Ryerson’s Zone Learning and I will be facilitating a 2-hour workshop for Zone students “Hacking the Networking Code” followed by Zone Learning Space Launch.
- -Also Wed Jan 30 U of T Alumni can invite guests (non-alumni) to our Shaker Pro 101 Networking Bootcamp at the Globe and Mail Centre.
- Our friendly barista at AGO Espresso Bar is a also Psychology student at York U and is a musician who loves to help people. He traveled to Chang Rai, northern Thailand, 4 years ago and volunteered for 4 months at “New Life Foundation” a mindfulness support center set up by a Belgian entrepreneur for those who are recovering from addiction.
Thanks everyone for sharing. Our next meetup is February 27, 2019 and an invite will be out soon. Guests are most welcome.